It’s June, which means farmers markets are back in full swing.
Grab a friend and head down to a market near you to stock up on fresh bread, produce and all the unique and local artisan creations you can get your hands on.
This weekend’s event line up also includes the highly anticipated Oak Bay Tea Party, with a full variety of events the whole family can enjoy.
Here are 19 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend, June 3rd-5th:
The Late Night Show with Nash Park
On Friday, Comedian Nash Park and The Vic Theater are collaborating for the first time to bring The Late Night Show.
The show is a combination of improv, stand-up, and sketch all within the structure of a classic late night talk show, featuring comedian Dylan Williams, improv Alex Forman, and musical guest Candy Whip.
- Where: The Vic Theater, 808 Douglas Street
- When: Doors open at 7 pm, show starts at 8 pm, Friday, June 3rd
- Tickets: $20 each. You can purchase tickets here,
Fridays at the Station
Langford Station has a whole new look and it is sure to be the new place to be!
The station turned community hub will feature cold drinks, delicious food and plenty of shopping every Friday throughout the summer.
The weekly pop-up summer series is hosted by Victoria Beer Society who will also be on site serving up cold sleeves and flights of craft beer each week.
- Where: Langford Station, 720 Station Avenue
- When: 4 pm to 8 pm, every Friday from May 20th to August 26th
The James Bay Market has been in operation for 28 years. Visitors can still support local farms, food producers and craft vendors when they visit the James Bay staple.
- When: 9 am to 3 pm Saturdays from May 7th to September 24th
- Where: Corner of Menzies and Superior Street
Goldstream Farmers Market
Everything at the Goldstream Farmers Market is homemade, handmade or home grown.
Vendors offer local fruits and vegetables, fresh-baked breads and goodies, unique and quality crafts and textile creations. There is also live music, a water park and food trucks.
- When: 10 am to 2 pm, Saturdays from May to October
- Where: Veterans’ Memorial Park, Langford
From April to October, you can find farm fresh veggies, crafts, baking, art and more at the Sooke Country Market.
The market is located in John Phillips Park, near the Sooke district hall.
- When: 10 am to 2 pm, Saturdays from April 23rd to October 8th
- Where: Memorial Park, John Philips, Sooke
The family favorite Moss Street market offers local and organic produce, handmade crafts, artisan clothing as well as community education.
Moss Street Market now offers an online market with delivery and pick up options. The organization also runs a Winter Market (November through April).
- When: 10 amto 2 pm, every Saturday May through October
- Where: 401 Moss Street, Sir James Douglas school grounds, surrounding boulevards and Porter Park
North Saanich Farm Market
2022 marks the 15th year of the North Saanich Farm Market!
The market is made possible by the love and work of many local growers, crafters, bakers, vintners and brewers and the dedicated volunteers and board.
- When: 9:30 am to 12 pm, Saturdays from June 5th to October
- Where: 10990 West Saanich Road
The Peninsula Country Market has more than 50 vendors weekly offering farm fresh products, jams and jellies, honey, homemade bread, cut flowers, assorted meats, organic produce and a fine selection of arts and crafts.
- When: 1528 Stellys Cross Road, Saanich Fairgrounds
- Where: 9 am to 1 pm, Saturdays from June 4th to October 8th
Change-Makers Gathering Festival
Coming off a three-year hiatus, an annual festival honoring Indigenous knowledge and a path to understanding returns to the capital region this weekend.
Hosted by the M’akola Housing Society, Change-Makers Gathering Festival is set for Saturday, June 4th, from 11 am to 5 pm at Starlight Stadium in Langford.
Organizers say all are welcome to join the free family fun, which includes drop-in cedar weaving and drum-making workshops led by Indigenous Elders and Knowledge Keepers.
Indigenous drum and dance groups will perform throughout the day as various artisans set up shop, with activities also on tap for children hosted by local organizations like the YMCA.
- When: Saturday, June 4th; 11 am to 5 pm
- Where: Starlight Stadium, Langford Parkway
10th annual Goddess Run
This weekend, the 10th annual Goddess Run is taking place in Langford BC.
The event has room for every level of runner and walker. Over the past 10 years, the Goddess Run has helped to raise over $250,000 for charities with over 15,000 participants live and virtually.
Package pickup will begin at 7 am on Saturday, followed by a warm up with Sole Sisters Victoria at 8 am and the 10km and 5km beginning at 8:30 am
You can see a full route map and get more information here,
- Where: Start and finish at Westshore Parkway & Constellation
- When: Saturday, June 4th
This Saturday, celebrate National Health and Fitness Day with free yoga and tai chi in the park!
Interested? You can learn more here,
- Where: Royal Athletic Park
- When: Yoga 10 am to 11 am and Tai Chi 11:15 am to 12:15 pm, Saturday, June 4th
This weekend, attend Victoria’s most sought after weekly drag show hosted by the legendary Shelita Cox at Paparazzi Nightclub.
- Where: paparazzi nightclub, 642 Johnson Street
- When: 8 pm to 12 am, Sunday June 5th
- Tickets: $10 each. You can purchase yours here,
Victoria Highlanders Home Opener
The Victoria Highlanders are back, and kicking off their season with a home opener this weekend!
On Sunday, the Victoria Highlanders FC take on the Vancouver Whitecaps FC in back to back games with the women’s team kicking off at 2 pm and the men’s at 4 pm
Get your tickets now!
- Where: Centennial Stadium
- When: 2 pm women and 4 pm men, Sunday, June 5th
- Tickets: Individual and season tickets available. You can purchase them online here,
This summer, take a relaxing drive into Metchosin country, where the sheep and cattle graze and the rolling hills beckon.
Buy your fresh vegetables, breads, jams, salsa, baked goods and gifts (or crafts) for your loved ones.
- When: 11 am to 2 pm, Sundays from May 8th to October 30th
- Where: 4450 Happy Valley Road, Metchosin Municipal Grounds
The Sidney Farmers Market is back with artisans, baking, clothing, health and beauty, entertainment and more!
Check out their website weekly for updated vendor lists.
- Where: outdoor parking area of Mary Winspear Center
- When: 10 am to 2 pm, Sundays from May 8th to September 25th
Oak Bay Tea Party
The Oak Bay Tea Party is returning this weekend, for its 60th annual family-friendly event.
From June 3rd to June 5th, attendees can enjoy all the delicious food, incredible entertainment and community fun while helping out a good cause.
Check out our full list of Oak Bay Tea Party events here,
- Where: Willows Beach
- When: Hours of operation to be determined. Friday, June 3rd to Sunday, June 5th
Attend an Oceans Week event
Oceans Week Victoria is back with a splash and celebrating 10 days of events, bringing the community together to explore and interact with our ocean.
From Friday June 3rd to 12th, Oceans Week Victoria will be “fostering community connection and engagement” through volunteer run, ocean-inspired events.
Oceans Week focuses on facilitating and promoting inclusive and accessible events, no matter how large or small, with a focus on education, conservation and fun in an effort to inspire all to take action.
Some upcoming events include a Campfire Oceans Trivia on Friday, Build a Kelp Forest event on Saturday and a Sea Glass Jewelry Workshop on Sunday!
You can view the full list here,
- Where: Events all over Greater Victoria
- When: June 3rd to 12th
- Price: Free
Try one of Canada’s best bars
If you’re planning a night out and on the hunt for an amazing cocktail, we have the place for you!
Canada’s 100 Best has just released their best bars in Canada list for 2022, and a popular Victoria lounge made the list!
Clive’s Classic Lounge, located in the Chateau Victoria, ranked 20th in the list of the top 50 best bars in Canada.
You can check out the full list here,
- Location: 740 Burdett Avenue in the Chateau Victoria Hotel & Suites
- Hours: 5 pm to 11 pm, Tuesday to Thursday, 5 pm to 12 am, Friday and Saturday
Check out a local brewery patio
There’s nothing better than spending the day on a patio with friends, sipping a drink and snacking on some delicious food in the sunshine.
And if your crew is craving a beer, there are plenty of breweries in the city that have their very own patios.
So grab your friends, hop on over to a local brewery and cheers with a pint.
You can check out our full list of breweries with patios in Victoria here,