Hello again, friends! It’s me, Danielle Fallon-O’Leary, your host of the Daily. Here’s all the community news you need to know right now.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and not as warm. High: 76 Low: 55.
Here are the top three stories in Strongsville today:
- Cuyahoga County is currently under a Beach Hazards Statement until 8:00 pm tonight. The statement has been issued due to a high risk of rip currents occurring. County residents are advised to not swim during this time. (News 5 Cleveland)
- Is the current housing market making you feel a little overwhelmed? Patch and Redfin have teamed up to create a helpful list of the latest Strongsville properties that have hit the market. Click to view the full list that includes prices, photos, and property dimensions. (Strongsville Patch)
- Strongsville-based Union Home Mortgage has been awarded second place on Cleveland.com’s list of Top Workplaces 2022. The company was honored in the list’s large company category. Union Home Mortgage employs more than 1,800 people nationally and is led by CEO Bill Cosgrove. This is the eighth consecutive year that the company has been named on the annual list of Top Workplaces. (cleveland.com)
Help us make this newsletter better!
We’ve been getting so much positive feedback about the Strongsville Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Want to bring us back down to earth with some constructive feedback? If so, take our simple — and quick! — reader survey, Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and scuttlebutt you really care about. And it will help us toward our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your feedback that, if you take the survey, we’ll enter your email address in a drawing for a small mountain of Patch swag, You know you want that tote bag — so click the link and give it to us straight. Thank you!
- Monday Afternoon Book Discussion At The Strongsville Branch Public Library (2:30 PM)
From my notebook:
- The Strongsville Police Department continues to remind the community to lock car doors. Crime prevention requires everyone to do their part. Lock car doors to prevent theft. (Strongsville Police Department via Facebook)
- The Cuyahoga County Library is hosting an Index Card Bridge Challenge on Wednesday at the Strongsville Branch Public Library. This unique event is meant for children between grades 1 and 6. The challenge begins at 3:00 pm (City of Strongsville)
- The Strongsville Community Band will be performing a free outdoor concert at Strongsville Middle School’s lawn at 7:30 pm on Jul. 1. Don’t forget to bring a blanket or a lawn chair. (City of Strongsville)
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Monday! See you all tomorrow for another update.
, Danielle Fallon-O’Leary
About me: Danielle Fallon-O’Leary is a senior writer with content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and assists Patch.com with community newsletter curation. Danielle also holds a Master’s Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders and works part-time as a pediatric speech therapist.