Hello friends. It’s me, Sean Peek, your host of the Strongsville Daily — back in your inbox with all the most important things happening in town. Let’s do this…
First, today’s weather:
Winds subsiding and cooler. High: 70 Low: 55.
I’m looking for business owners and marketers in Strongsville who want to build awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Strongsville Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more and secure your spot now.
Here are the top stories in Strongsville today:
- Strongsville’s Economic Development Plan is reportedly working. The city has the second-highest income tax collection in Cuyahoga County – made possible by attracting and retaining businesses. The Economic Development Plan is a multifaceted plan that requires the participation of each city department. 78 percent of the city’s general fund budget comes from income tax collection. (City of Strongsville)
- The Summer Canning Extravaganza Series will begin on June 21. The series is led by Chef Jeremy Umansky of Larder Delicatessen & Bakery. Participants will gather at the Strongsville Library to learn about canning and preservation techniques at 7:00 pm (City of Strongsville)
- Cuyahoga County returns to a green designation for low COVID-19 transmission rates. Earlier this month, the county was designated as a red level by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Currently, the only Ohio county designated red is Lawrence County in the South. (cleveland.com)
Help us make this newsletter better!
We’ve been getting so much positive feedback about the Strongsville Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Want to bring us back down to earth with some constructive feedback? If so, take our simple — and quick! — reader survey, Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and scuttlebutt you really care about. And it will help us toward our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your feedback that, if you take the survey, we’ll enter your email address in a drawing for a small mountain of Patch swag, You know you want that tote bag — so click the link and give it to us straight. Thank you!
Take the Survey
Today in Strongsville:
- Virtual Esophageal Cancer Walk/Run Hosted By The Salgi Esophageal Cancer Research Foundation (9:00 AM)
From my notebook:
- The Strongsville Police Department is once again reminding the community to lock car doors. Crime prevention is a community-wide effort. Don’t be an easy target. Lock your doors! (Strongsville Police Department via Facebook)
- The Cleveland Clinic is providing a guide on how to order healthy fast food, Click to learn more. (Cleveland Clinic via Instagram)
- The first Community Band Summer Concert will be on June 24 on the lawn of Strongsville Middle School. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket for the concert that starts at 7:30 pm (City of Strongsville)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re officially in the loop for today. I’ll see you soon!
, Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.