Among the list of employment approvals, many of which were supplemental contracts for various coaching positions, were varsity boys basketball coach Josh Howland and varsity girls basketball coach Heather Storer.
Howland has been the head coach at Fairfield since 2017. Storer also comes to Hillsboro for Fairfield, where she has been the JV girls basketball coach and assistant varsity coach.
As previously reported by The Highland County PressHillsboro’s former three-season boys basketball coach Miles Burton announced his resignation in April, while two-season girls basketball coach Chad Fields stepped down in May.
Also during Friday’s 14-minute special meeting, the contract of district treasurer Ben Teeters was renewed for three years, effective Aug. 1.
The board also made the following employment approvals:
• Supplemental contracts (2022-23): Chester Akers – HS assistant football coach; Sarah Albert – MS DC trip coordinator; Heith Brown – HS assistant football coach; JC Captain – MS football coach; Chris Fauber – HS reserve boys basketball coach; Jake Fouch – HS assistant varsity girls basketball coach; Trevor Gleadle – HS freshman boys basketball; Canaan Griffith – MS football coach; Jim Horne – MS football coach; Ben Howland – HS varsity boys soccer coach; Cody Mathews – HS assistant football coach; Amanda Miller – HS varsity girls soccer coach; Kara Moon – HS reserve volleyball coach; Ben Pence – HS assistant football coach; Kelly Perkins – MS volleyball coach; Ashley Pollock – MS National Honor Society adviser; Ashley Purtee – HS reserve girls soccer coach; Trista Rhodes – HS assistant girls soccer coach; Dan Snapp – HS assistant boys soccer coach; Ethan Snapp – HS reserve boys soccer coach; Jake Spruell – MS football coach; Quentin Williams – HS assistant varsity boys basketball coach; Jordan Williamson – MS volleyball coach; and Karin Yakimow – MS student council.
• Summer food truck, $16 per hour: Vanetta Cooper.
• Summer school tutor, $50 per hour: Colleen Barney, retroactive to June 1.
• Kindergarten registration (hourly rate): Megan Apgar, Lynette Knisley, Ellen Patton and Karen Shoemaker.
• Certified (2022-23, all one-year contracts): Macy Anderson – intervention specialist; Heather Mathews – teacher; Susan Rhoads – MS/HS counselor; Rebecca Smith – teacher; Laura Wolf – intervention specialist; and Ellen Wright – speech language pathologist.
• Sub classified (2022-23): Ashley Goolsby Zornes – bus driver.
• Volunteer: Tyler Snapp – HS boys soccer coach.
A change of status was approved for the following staff, all effective with the 2022-23 school year: Sarah Hatfield, from three-year contract to continuing contract; Mercedes Reese, from teacher to counselor; and Ellen Patton, from paraprofessional to elementary secretary, step 20.
(Editor’s note: Thank you to Ben Teeters for his assistance with this article.)