Hello again, neighbors! It’s me, Sean Peek, your host of the Dallas-Hiram Daily. Here are all the things you need to know about what’s happening in town…
First, today’s weather:
Very warm with periods of sun. High: 96 Low: 76.
Here are the top five stories in Dallas-Hiram today:
- The Paulding Master Gardeners and their Junior Master Gardeners are helping make downtown Hiram more beautiful. On Tuesday, Jun. 14, the gardeners assisted the City of Hiram in replanting the Beatty Street planter boxes. Mayor Moran and Mayor Pro Tem Philyaw attended the event, with Former Councilmember Kathy Carter coming in for a surprise visit. (Press Release Desk)
- Want to continue the 4th of July festivities another weekend longer? Don’t miss these local, free, family-friendly events on Saturday, Jul. 9. Start the day at downtown Dallas’ Patriotic Parade & Celebration at 10:00 am, which will include food trucks, vendors, and live music. After a short break, head over to nearby Powder Springs at 5:00 pm for the IndepenDance at the Pole Barn, (City of Dallas, Georgia – Government via Facebook)
- The Maude P. Ragsdale Hiram Library invites the community to come out to its Summer Switch Hangout next Tuesday, Jun. 21. Drop in any time between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm to enjoy family-friendly games like Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. And remember: you don’t need to own a Switch to join this event! (Maude P. Ragsdale Hiram Library via Facebook)
- The campaign of Herschel Walker, the Republican nominee for the Georgia Senate, has acknowledged Walker’s second son. According to Walker’s campaign manager, “Herschel had a child years ago when he wasn’t married. He’s supported the child and continues to do so […] to suggest that Herschel is ‘hiding’ the child because he hasn’t used him in his political campaign is offensive and absurd.” The Senate hopeful has previously been outspoken on the issue of absentee fathers, saying, “If you have a child with a woman, even if you have to leave that woman, you don’t leave the child.” (CW33 Dallas)
- Whether you’re actively searching for a new home or just like to see what’s on the market, you won’t want to miss this open house on Saturday, Jun. 18 for 69 Capitol St. in Dallas. This 4-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom single-family home is listed for $490,000. Click the link for more details on the property or to check out additional listings in the Dallas-Hiram area. (Dallas-Hiram Patch)
Today in Dallas-Hiram:
- Water Sewer Advisory Meeting At Paulding County Water System (8:30 AM)
- Wild Kindergarten Registration At Pettit Environmental Preserve (10:00 AM)
- DIY Workshop – Picture Blocks At EK Art Barn (Friday, Jun. 17, 11:00 AM)
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Thursday! I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update.
, Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.