Hi all! Carlos Hernandez here with your Monday edition of the Houston Daily, filled with all the community information you need to know right now. I’ll get right to it.
First, today’s weather:
Breezy, very warm and humid. High: 88 Low: 77.
I’m looking for business owners and marketers in Houston who want to build awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Houston Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more and secure your spot now.
Here are the top five stories in Houston today:
1. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital recently opened low-intervention suites for natural births, The new birthing suites were designed with features to enhance patient comfort and the overall birth experience. The first baby was delivered in one on March 11. (Community Impact News)
2. The Seattle Mariners defeated the Houston Astros 6-0 on Saturday night, The Mariners won consecutive games for the first time since a four-game winning streak from April 22 to April 26. (KHOU 11)
3. This weekend the 2022 International Festival USA, also known as “The Nation’s Official Celebration of Multiculturalism and Diversity,” was held in downtown Houston at Discovery Green. It looked to help build communities and promote unity. Houston is a melting pot of more than 195 different languages and dialects spoken by residents. (Fox 26 Houston)
4. A Houston Police officer was hospitalized after a crash that happened while police were blocking traffic as CenterPoint Energy fixed a utility pole damaged from a previous accident. The crash happened at around 10 pm Saturday night near 8918 Almeda Genoa Road. (KHOU 11)
5. The first “Peru to the World Expo,” is coming to Houston’s Galleria area on Sunday, June 5 at the Ballroom at Tanglewood. Guests can enjoy Peruvian culture and the Peruvian cuisine from more than 20 chefs. (Click2Houston)
Today in Houston:
- Memorial Day Brunch at Fielding’s Wood Grill. (9 am)
- Memorial Day Commemoration at Forest Park Lawndale Cemetery. (11 am)
- Memorial Day Celebration at Buffalo Soldiers National Museum. (noon)
- Memorial Day Picnic at 205 Roberts Street. (2 pm)
- Bodega Comedy Mondays at Bar 8. (8:30 pm)
From my notebook:
- Two people were injured during a shootout on the 610 South Loop near Cullen early Sunday morning. Investigators said the two drivers were on the way to the bank to pay for an accident when one of them attempted to drive off. It led to a scary standoff for residents. The two people are expected to be okay. (ABC 13)
- Clutch City Cluckers parked a new food truck in Katy at 1005 Katy Fort Bend Road on May 20. The restaurant serves Nashville hot-spiced chicken sandwiches, tenders and loaded fries. (Community Impact News)
- Premier Martial Arts will open a new location at 11550 Louetta Road, Houston on Wednesday, June 1, The studio offers martial arts classes for children and adults and covers arts, including karate, krav maga, taekwondo and kickboxing. (Community Impact News)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re officially in the loop for today. I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update!
, Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the food blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Houston Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org