The Walking Dead’s new anthology spin-off series, Tales of the Walking Dead, has not only revealed more of the show’s cast, but has also announced its official premiere date of August 14, 2022.
The six-episode first season of the series will kick off with the first episode available on both AMC and AMC+, but AMC+ will also include the second episode that first day. Then, in true TWD fashion, each subsequent episode will release on AMC+ a week earlier than it will on AMC.
Each episode will run an hour and feature a different story in The Walking Dead’s universe. While some of the stories will focus on new characters, fans will also see a return of other established characters as their backstories are fleshed out a bit more than they were on the original show.
One example of this is the story of Alpha, played by Samantha Morton. Other confirmed cast members include Terry Crews, Olivia Munn, Anthony Edwards, Parker Posey, Jillian Bell, Poppy Liu, Danny Ramirez, and many more.
Six new visions of the TWD apocalypse are coming your way *soon*: TALES OF THE WALKING DEAD premieres Sunday August 14 at 9/8c on AMC, with the first two eps streamable that day with AMC+! pic.twitter.com/9Kou9Hdrw9
— Scott M. Gimple (@ScottMGimple) June 6, 2022
As for directors, each episode is rumored to have its own director, with names like Haifaa al-Mansour, Deborah Kampmeier, and Fear the Walking Dead’s own Ron Underwood taking turns with one episode each while series producer Michael Satrazemis is confirmed for three.
Writers for each episode have also been announced just last week. Thanks to Comicbook.com, we have an extensive listing for each writer:
- Episode 1 is written by Kari Drake, an executive story editor on SYFY’s Defiance who wrote episodes of The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and Lost in Space
- Episode 2 is written by Ahmadu Garba, whose credits include episodes of Happy!, The Sinner, and The Girl from Plainville
- Episode 3 is written by showrunner Channing Powell, who acted as story editor of USA Network’s White Collar before scripting episodes of The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead
- Episode 4 is written by Lindsey Villarreal, executive story editor of Netflix’s upcoming Resident Evil series who wrote episodes of television’s The Purge and Paramount+’s George & Tammy
- Episode 5 is written by Maya Goldsmith & Ben Sokolowski; Goldsmith was a longtime writer of Pretty Little Liars and penned multiple episodes of How to Get Away with Murder and AMC’s The Walking Dead: World Beyond, while Sokolowski’s credits include episodes of World Beyond and The CW series The Flash and Arrow
- Episode 6 is written by Powell, who most recently scripted The Walking Dead Season 9 episode “The Calm Before” and the Fear Season 6 episode “Mother”
The fun starts on August 14 at 9:00 pm ET, only on AMC and AMC+.
Want to chat about all things post-apocalyptic? Join our Discord server here, You can also follow us by email hereon Facebookor Twitter, Oh, and TikToktoo!